Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday Music Meme

Blame it on Monday, but the post I'd planned to put here isn't ready yet. I'll keep working on that and instead treat you to the Monday Music Meme that I'm borrowing from Blogdrive Insanity.

  1. They say every snowflake is unique. Name a musician who you think is unique and sounds like no one else.

    I've got two -- Ani DiFranco and Billy McLaughlin. DiFranco is the founder of Righteous Babe records and a damn fine artist in her own right. I fell in love with her honest lyrics and powerful guitar melodies when I found a live track of "Shameless" on a Conan O'Brien compilation CD. McLaughlin is an incredibly gifted guitarist who toured the college scene heavily back in my undergraduate days. I've seen him perform at least three times and have been astounded at his frenetic finger-tapping on the fretboard style.


  2. Snowfall covers everything in sight. Tell us about a cover song you enjoy.

    My favorite changes with every new cover I hear. I just saw the trailer this weekend for a soon to be forgotten fright flick called Prom Night. Even though I probably won't see the movie, I really dig Quietdrive's cover of Cyndi Lauper's Time After Time.


  3. It snows a lot in Canada. Tell us your favorite Canadian musician.
    Without a doubt Barenaked Ladies and Alanis Morissette.


  4. Watching the snow fall can be very peaceful. Name a song that brings you peace.
    No matter what kind of day I've had, Three Little Birds by Bob Marley takes all the pain away.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: