Friday, February 15, 2008

Give up my best friend?

Anyone who knows me even in passing knows my deep and abiding love for the hot bean water known as coffee. Like a lot of people I use it to help wake up in the morning and stay awake when working late at night. I also genuinely love the beverage. If I had to choose between giving up beer or coffee, I'm pretty sure coffee would win the smackdown. Even so, I'd like to cut my caffeine consumption to more appropriate intake levels.

I've kicked the caffeine monkey off my back before by going cold turkey, but its not a pleasant experience. Scott Young offers his 7 Food Hacks to Stay Alert Without Caffeine today as a guest writer at ZenHabits. I'll keep you updated on how successfully I can implement his ideas.


Powered by ScribeFire.

1 comment:

Kaleigh said...

Gah! Caffeine is my very, very favorite vice (and I have plenty). I mostly gave it up during my pregnancies, but I love love love love love how I feel after a 16 oz. cup of coffee followed by a doppio espresso breve.